CRAWFORD UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
Effective June 7th, 2020
at 8:30 a.m.
The Crawford United Methodist Church is happy to announce that they will be resuming church services outdoors the first Sunday in June...June 7th, 2020 at 8:30 am. We sincerely look forward to sharing this service and communing with all our parishioners. New parishioners are always welcomed!
2020 US CENSUS
ALERT...2020 CENSUS IS STILL UNDERWAY
As the 2020 Census draws to a close the residents in our area with PO Box addresses will have a Census Agent come to your door to drop off your questionnaires. They will NOT be knocking on your door, but will be leaving the pertinent information for you to complete this questionnaire. The process is really simple and will only take a brief moment of your time! So, if you see someone roaming about your area, it might just be a census taker dropping off this material. Always Remember: THE CENSUS BUREAU WILL “NEVER ask you for your Social Security number, solicit donations, or threaten you with arrest if you don't cooperate. Census takers carry government ID's. For more information, visit www.2020census.gov”
Census counts are used in distributing over $13.1 billion/year in Federal Funds to Colorado. These funds are then used for:
• Title 1 Grants to Educational Agencies
• Head Start
• Business Loans
• Transportation (Public Transit, Road Rehabilitation, and Construction)
• The Federal Pell Grant Programs
• School Lunch Programs
• Health and Human Services Programs
THE BANK OF COLORADO
An account has been opened at the Bank of Colorado in Hotchkiss to offer support to the the Sullivan Children. This was a very tragic incident that took place last month. Daniel and Jayne Sullivan would like these funds to go towards a college fund for the Sullivan children, and/or towards a donation to give us more resources in our valley for people that feel there is no other way out of the situation they're in. If anyone comes in and asks about a donation account, this is it. Checks can be made payable to, FBO The Sullivan Children. The Bank of Colorado has started the account with a $750 donation.
THE NORTH FORK VISION CENTER
GRAND RE-OPENING!!! The North Fork Vision Center is now open for routine care, by appointment only to allow social distancing. Temperature check and symptoms review before entering the office. Patients must wear masks inside. To schedule an appointment, please call 970-872-2020.
Thanks, Dr. Diane Reddin
CRAWFORD FOOD BANK
The Crawford Food Bank is open every Friday from 12:00 to 1:00 for donation drop offs. It's then open from 1:00 to 3:00 for anyone needing help! There are billboards out front to provide guidance.
DELTA COUNTY LIBRARIES IS OFFERING
CURBSIDE PICKUP SERVICE
(This began on May 19th)
We are excited to offer our patrons curbside pickup service at all Delta County Libraries locations!
To take advantage of this service:
– Have your library card or know your library card number
– Place items on hold in the catalog at www.deltalibraries.org OR call your local library
– Place holds on items that are available at your local library or be prepared to travel to other libraries to pick up items. If you request an item that is on the shelf at Delta Library, you will need to travel to Delta Library to pick it up.
– After you have placed your holds, you will receive detailed instructions on how to pick up your requested items.
– The only service available at curbside is item pickup of previously placed holds
– Book drops are open for returns 24/7, and this began May 15th.
– All items must be returned in book drops.
– Visit our website or call your local library for more details and a countywide schedule for this service.
Thank you for your patronage and patience during this time. More information is available at www.deltalibraries.org
LITTLE BLUE CANYON PROJECT DELAYED UNTIL 2021
(Information from the DCI 4-29-20 by Lisa Young)
According to information from CDOT's website, this project on Highway 50 between Gunnison and Montrose will now be delayed until April 2021. Once this project begins traffic will be redirected through Crawford, Hotchkiss, and Delta.
The following measures will be taken to minimize inconveniences during the project's first year:
• The canyon will be open to single-lane travel each weekday from 6:30 to 8:30 a.m., 12:30 to 1:30 pm, and 5:30 to 7:30 pm.
• The canyon will be open to two-way travel on the weekends starting at 5:30 pm Friday until 8:30 am Monday.
• Daytime closures on the west end of the project corridor will only be in place until the end of July 2020, at which time a single lane of travel will open up between Montrose and Arrowhead Road.
• There will be no night closures during the winter (approximately mid-October 2021 to April 2022).
• In the second year of construction (May 2022 to October 2022), one lane of travel will be open during the daytime, and there will only be overnight closures from 7:30 pm to 6:30 am.